Totally Legit strives to provide a safe, accepting, productive and fun work environment for Passable members. In light of this mission, you must follow all of the Passable policies and procedures for working in our facility. Please take them seriously. Failure to follow our policies and procedures can make our facilities unwelcoming or dangerous to others. Such actions on your part may result in a request to immediately leave the space, or your membership being temporarily suspended or terminated without notice. We reserve the right to change our policies and procedures at any time, and will provide notice to members via email or posting to our website of any new policies and procedures or any changes to existing ones.
Act in Good Faith
We ask members to act in good faith to sustain the well-being of the community, the other members, and themselves. Respect the mission of the space to have fun innovating with art and technology projects, and act with integrity towards your fellow members.
Safety Policies & Procedures
Members and all users of the facility must follow all posted signs and literature pertaining to safe use of our facilities. These obligations are minimum obligations, and you should always meet or exceed the base level of safe practices expected. Use common sense at all times with respect to safety, and diligently observe all policies and procedures which we may establish at any time for the safe use of our facilities. These include, but are not limited to, policies and procedures relating to securely locking up our facilities, appropriate shop clothing and protective gear, techniques for safe equipment use, material-specific precautions for equipment and machine tool lockouts. If you have any questions regarding our safety policies or the safe use of our facilities, contact the community manager or owner immediately.
For security, Members shall keep the doors locked at all times, and not share their door codes. Our smart lock tracks the history of entry and exits by individual door codes, and a motion-activated security camera logs movement at the doors. These recordings are for security use only, and only the community manager and owner has access to the lock and camera logs. If any item is damaged or stolen, report the incident to the community manager or owner immediately.
Maintain a clean and clutter free workspace, dispose of all waste, and return all tools to their dedicated storage location when finished with work. Dispose of your recycling in the dedicated recycling bins. If you are asked by the community manager or owner to stop using a noxious or potentially harmful substance you must comply immediately. Failure to do so will result in corrective proceedings which could result in the termination of this agreement.
Equipment Safety & Use
Safety glasses are required to be worn at all times when operating power tools in the Metal and Wood Shop (“Dirty Room”) and while using all equipment and tools anywhere in the Facility. Do not use any tools, equipment or machinery if you are not trained or certified and comfortable with that piece of equipment. The operation of tools, equipment and machinery is at your own risk. If you have any questions about how to use our equipment, always ask for help from a fellow member, community manager, or owner. Report any malfunctioning equipment to the Passable community manager or owner immediately and do not use any equipment that is not functioning properly. Equipment and tools may not be removed from the Passable property. Do not use any piece of equipment tagged “Out Of Service (OOS)”. All tools shall be returned to their proper location after use.
In Case of Emergency
A first aid kit, fire extinguisher and eye wash station are located at the utility sink at Passable, please familiarize yourself with their location. If an injury occurs, notify our community manager, owner, or a volunteer immediately. An Accident Report must be completed within 24 hours and filed with the community manager or owner. Accident reports are located in the membership binder at the community manager’s desk. In the event of an emergency or for immediate medical attention call 911.
Please stay on the lookout for unsafe behavior and approach and offer feedback to fellow members if you believe they are working unsafely. Please notify our community manager or owner if you believe any piece of equipment or infrastructure to be unsafe. All members must comply immediately with instructions given by the community manager or owner. Failure to comply may result in corrective procedures and could result in termination of the membership agreement.
Courtesy of Individual Spaces
If you are a Shelf or Studio Member, please keep your space orderly. We understand that invention can sometimes be a messy process, but if the Passable community manager or owner asks you to clean your space, please comply with the request. Do not enter any other member’s studio space without that member’s explicit permission.
Courtesy of Shared Spaces
Keep noise levels to a respectful level for the comfort and enjoyment of those in the immediate area. No loud music, tool use or other noise will be permitted in the facility’s shared areas without the explicit permissions of the members around you. No fumes or flames are permitted in unventilated areas. Please restore the Passable shared work spaces to be as clean as when you found them – or cleaner. Please respect and do not interrupt any official Passable activities or classes in the shared spaces.
Equipment Access and Use
Access to equipment including all power tools, the laser cutter, 3D printer, and projectors is restricted to those Members who have been trained to use said equipment. Equipment access may be revoked if Member fails to abide by safety and operating procedures or misuses any equipment. If you need training on any equipment, please schedule a training session with the community manager, the owner, or a designated member volunteer.
Lost or Stolen Items
Totally Legit is not responsible for any lost or stolen items, however we do provide lockers and we encourage you to lock away your valuable items.
Totally Legit does not discriminate because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or veteran status and seeks at all times to promote an inclusive and respectful community. In the interests of safety and legal compliance, Totally Legit may restrict membership access or privileges to minors under the age of 18, and may restrict access to certain fundraising or private events where alcohol is served to individuals aged 21 or over, in order to comply with applicable laws. Totally Legit requests that members behave respectfully, courteously, and professionally to fellow members. No discrimination, harassment, or hate speech shall be tolerated.
Drug & Alcohol Use; Illegal Activity
Passable is a non-smoking facility. The use of tobacco products including e-cigarettes is strictly prohibited at Passable. We do not prohibit the use of alcohol for members over 21. Members are prohibited from the use of powered equipment if under the influence of any substance impairing your ability to safely use said equipment. Illegal drugs may not be brought into the facility. Illegal drugs may not be stored in the refrigerator, cabinets or any other place at Passabe. All illegal activity is strictly prohibited. Participation in illegal activity is grounds for immediate removal from the premises. We may occasionally host or allow events at our facility where alcohol is served. In the event that a private event or meeting is held, such as a fundraiser, where alcoholic beverages may be present, Passable reserves the right to denote that attendance at the event will be restricted to those with valid identification proving that they are over 21 years of age. Furthermore, in the case where an event such as this is held, we reserve the right to limit or restrict use of some or all equipment on site for the duration of the event and a reasonable period afterwards.
As a convenience, Totally Legit / Passable makes wired, and wireless Internet Connectivity available to our members. Internet and computing services are provided on an as-is and as-available basis and we specifically disclaim any representations or warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, any representations or warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Totally Legit is not responsible for loss or corruption of any data stored on Totally Legit computing resources. Totally Legit does not provide data backup services, you are responsible for backing up your own data. You are responsible for your actions on the network and systems you access through the Internet Service which Totally Legit makes available. Your access may be suspended or restricted at any time and for any reason without advance notice. If you act recklessly or irresponsibly in using your Internet or computing services or your actions endanger any person or the integrity or security of our network, systems or equipment, Totally Legit may, in addition to all other remedies, permanently ban your access. You shall not use Internet Service for any unlawful purposes. You shall not use Internet Service to originate bulk unsolicited email (spam). Excessive Internet or computing services use may result in rate limiting (throttling) or in some instances, suspension of access.
Totally Legit does not provide any privacy of intellectual property or confidential and proprietary information and does not offer protection for any intellectual property or confidential and proprietary information developed through the use of our facilities or equipment. Totally Legit makes no claim to intellectual property developed through the use of our facility. It is your own responsibility to protect (or share) ideas, confidential and proprietary information and intellectual property.
Totally Legit seeks to maintain an active community, as this best serves our members. We invite you to make full use of your membership opportunities. Please note, however, that if you do not regularly visit our facilities or are using your dedicated studio or shelf space for storage only, we reserve the right to terminate your membership and/or use of studio or storage space.
No Parking in Load and Unload Area
Members may use the area inside the garage door to load and unload large items. However, this is not a parking space. Members cannot leave a vehicle in this space unaccompanied. In the rare event this is required, they must leave a key.
Start-Ups and Other Groups
Totally Legit is an incubator and a place for experimentation. We are here as a resource for inventors, creators, artists and makers throughout the community. We would be absolutely thrilled to serve as the home base for the very early stages of your start-up, but once you can afford to rent some commercial space, we reserve the right to bid you farewell, good luck, and welcome and encourage your ongoing involvement with Totally Legit, and please consider teaching a class at Passable!
Members may bring guests to Passable, but may not leave them in the space unaccompanied or allow them to use our power tools and equipment. You assume responsibility for your guests. It is your obligation as a host to assure your guests follow our membership rules and guidelines. We do not have restrictions on the number of guests but other members’ use of the space should be prioritized and respected, particularly for productivity purposes. If at any time your guests are disruptive or otherwise violate policies we reserve the right to prohibit their use of Passable. Abuse of our open guest policy may result in termination of your membership. If you have frequent guests we recommend you encourage them to become full members.
Pets and Other Animals
Members may bring pets to Passable, but may not leave them in the space unaccompanied. It is your obligation as a pet host to assure they follow our rules and guidelines. If at any time pets are disruptive or otherwise violate policies we reserve the right to prohibit their presence at Passable.
Events and Exhibitions
As a collaboration space we will occasionally dedicate the entire space to host events. All members will be given two weeks notice for such dedicated events. Members may apply to host their own events on a first come, first serve basis and subject to the approval of the owners. Totally Legit will occasionally host art exhibitions at Passable to exhibit members’ work. In the case Members sell works through Passable art exhibitions, Passable will collect a 25% commission to help cover exhibition costs.
By making use of our facilities, you agree that Totally Legit has the unrestricted right to publish images of our members and projects ongoing at our facilities, both in print and digitally.
As set forth in our Membership Agreement, Totally Legit reserves the right to terminate memberships at will.
Contact Information and Emergency Contact
For your safety, you must notify Totally Legit of any changes to your contact information, including your emergency contact person and that person’s contact information. As a condition to your access to Passable’s facilities, you agree to keep your contact information (including emergency contact information) current at all times.
Limited Overnight or Extended Stay Use
Spaces such as the kitchenette, the couches and futon, and the shower are provided for your comfort. The occasional overnight use is expected in the context of collaboration and completing projects. However, Passable is not a live / work space, and if these facilities are being overused for overnight or extended stays, particularly outside the scope of our mission to support collaborative art and tech activities, then we reserve the right to prohibit continued overnight or extended stay use of the space.
Minors under the age of 18
- Minors under the age of 18 are not eligible for membership to Passable. Minors under the age of 18 may participate in certain activities at Passable, provided that all of the requirements herein are met.
- Minors age 18 and under must be Supervised Closely by a Parent, Legal Guardian, or fully insured School Affiliated Instructor or a (“Their Adult”) at all times. Supervised Closely means that they must be within visual range of Their Adult in all locations at Passable, and must be within immediate reach when near dangerous tools.
- Parents / Legal Guardians are responsible for their children and their actions at all times while at Passable and while participating in Passable activities and programs.
- Minors under the age of 18 shall not operate any machine, tool or equipment under any circumstances, including with Their Adult, that they themselves are not trained on.
- In the event that a private event or meeting is held, such as a fundraiser, where alcoholic beverages may be present, Passable reserves the right to denote that attendance at the event will be restricted to those with valid identification proving that they are over 21 years of age.
TERMS APPLICABLE TO STUDIO MEMBERS
The following terms and conditions apply solely to Studio Members or prospective Studio Members:
- A studio membership is a revocable, non exclusive license to use an assigned studio space for purposes consistent with the granted license. No issuance of license shall be construed to convey a leasehold, occupancy, or property interest to the license holder.
- Studio space at Passable is limited, and reserved for active use aligned with our Passable mission. If the Passable community manager or owner deems the Studio Members use of studio space is too inactive or outside the scope of our mission, we reserve the right to terminate this agreement or may require the Member change their Membership Level.
- Upon signing this Membership Addendum, prospective Studio Members may be required to submit a damage deposit.
- All prospective Studio Members will be subject to an application review process to determine compatibility with Totally Legit’s community goals and must complete a safety orientation before being permitted to use any studio space. Totally Legit will refund studio fees and the damage deposit to the prospective member if the Passable community manager or owner ultimately determines that the prospective member will not be a good fit as a studio member.
- Under no circumstances may a Studio Member attempt to sublicense, assign or otherwise permit a third party non-member to occupy any Passable studio space. If an entity member undergoes a change in control (in which more than one-half of the interest in the entity is sold or transferred to a third party), the entity member must notify Totally Legit and request permission to continue use of the studio space, which may be granted in Totally Legit’s sole discretion.
- Studio Members seeking to modify the layout or function of the studio assigned for their use must obtain the written approval of the Passable community manager or owner, prior to making such a modification. As a general principle, assume that any changes that cannot be undone by the ordinary efforts of the Passable community manager, owner, or member volunteers using a broom, dustpan and mop in a single afternoon are changes that must be approved in advance. A studio member who modifies the layout or function of his, her or its assigned studio space in violation of this paragraph will be required to pay the costs of restoring the studio to its original condition. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Membership Addendum, the phrase “modify the layout or function” is to be construed in the broadest sense possible. Under no circumstances whatsoever shall a studio member drill, nail or affix anything into the floor.
- Materials in a Member’s Studio that are deemed to be dangerous may be moved to a different location pending removal by Member or may be removed from the premises by Totally Legit.
- Totally Legit reserves the right to enter studio or storage space reserved for a member’s use without notice and at any time and for any reason.
TERMS APPLICABLE TO SHELF MEMBERS
The following terms and conditions apply solely to Shelf Members:
- Shelf storage space is used pursuant to a revocable, non-exclusive license. It is not a lease and provides no ongoing entitlements. Under no circumstances may a Shelf Member attempt to assign or otherwise permit a third party to occupy any Passable storage space. If an entity member undergoes a change in control (in which more than one-half of the interest in the entity is sold or transferred to a third party), the entity member must notify Totally Legit and request permission to continue use of the storage space, which may be granted in Totally Legit’s sole discretion.
- Shelf space at Passable is limited, and reserved for active use aligned with our Passable mission. If the Passable community manager or owner deems the Shelf Members use of shelf space is too inactive or outside the scope of our mission, we reserve the right to terminate this agreement or may require the Member to change their Membership Level.
- Shelf Members may not modify the layout or function of the storage space assigned for their use.
- Shelf Members must keep their stored materials entirely within the footprint of their assigned Shelf Space.
- Shelf Space may only be used for storage related to the Member’s activities at Passable. No hazardous materials may be stored. Nothing illegal may be stored.
- No materials with exposed sharp or dangerous exposed surfaces may be stored. All stored materials with potentially dangerous edges, corners, etc. shall be protected to prevent accidental exposure to a sharp or dangerous objects.
- There are a limited number of storage spaces available at Passable. As such, Storage Space may not be available and a waiting list may exist for Members wishing to license Storage Space.
- Stored materials that are deemed to be dangerous may be moved to a different location pending removal by Member or may be removed from the premises by Totally Legit.
- Totally Legit reserves the right to enter studio or storage space reserved for a member’s use at any time and for any reason.