Passable is a not-for-profit, arts-oriented makerspace in the heart of Capitol Hill on 10th and Union, with shared spaces, resources, and events optimized for a collaborative community at the intersection of art, technology — and pinball! We are seeking members whose creative interests are aligned with our mission: to have fun innovating together, and sharing our work through creative exhibitions and events. The social aspect of our space is very important to us, so you might think of us as 80% collaboration space, and 20% social club.
You may sign up for membership at several levels. We recognize each individual has different circumstances and needs, so the nature of our agreement is negotiable. If you are a member of Totally Legit, ask us about our Totally Legit discounts.
- Key Member. You have 24/7 access to all the shared workspaces and resources. However you have no storage space to leave items in your absence. Cost is 75$ per month.
- Shelf Member. You have 24/7 access to all the shared workspaces and resources, and you have dedicated 2”x4” shelf space for storage. Cost is an additional 20$ per month per shelf.
- Studio Member. You have 24/7 access to all the shared workspaces and resources, and you have dedicated workstation space on the floor that is private and for your use only. Cost is an additional $200 per month for a desk. Larger studio spaces will be negotiated on a case by case basis.
- Locker option. You may sign up for a locker with a key. Cost is an additional 5$ per month.
- Exhibition fees. If you participate in one of our art shows, we collect a 25% commission on any piece sold.
Most spaces and tools at Passable are shared, unless specified otherwise. These include:
- Collaboration Spaces
- Main collaboration room for clean, dust free projects including computer work, electronics, drawing, paintings, crafts
- “Dirty Room” for woodworking or metalwork
- Electronics workstation
- Flex front space for temporary projects, load/unload, exhibitions, events
- Social spaces
- Kitchenette with utility sink, microwave, small fridge
- Lounge areas
- Nap station loft
- Bathroom with shower
- Pinball machines you can play
- Tools and supplies
- Wood power tools: table saw, Miter saw, drill press, scroll saw, jig saw, sanders
- Metal power tools: mig welder, grinders (tig welder soon)
- Basic hand tools, such as hammers, pliers, wrenches
- Basic hardware, such as screws, nails, hooks
- Basic office and arts/crafts supplies such paper, pens, tacs
- Maker equipment
- 3D printer
- Glowforge laser cutter
- Epson printer for up to 13×19 printers
- Toys to play and learn with: Oculus, Projection mapping projector
- Other maker tools in the space will depend on interests of our members
Shared Events and Exhibitions
Although we are primarily a maker space, we host the occasional event to help you share your projects with a friendly audience, including art exhibitions, collaborative meetups, or fundraisers for the space. The nature of these events are determined by the collective interests of our members.
Then, please email admin at passable dot art, and include in your message:
- Your name
- Your contact info
- The membership level you are interested in
- A brief description of how you anticipate using Passable
- Links to your relevant online presence, .e.g your online profile or portfolio
- Tell us how much you love or hate pinball
We will get back to you, and arrange to meet!